Saturday, February 10, 2007

Edward 40 Hands

Last year playing Edward 40 Hands


Lastnight, my friend Dan thought it would be good to resurrect the fun we all had playing Edward 40 Hands the fall of our 2L year. And by "fun" I mean 60 minutes of good times followed by blackouts and passouts for the rest of the night. Edward 40 Hands is a simple game in which you duct tape two 40 ounce beers of your choice onto your hands so that you are unable to do much of anything except drink the beer. If you're really ghetto, your 40's will be of the malt variety: Mickey's, Olde English, etc. If you're me then you just try to get something you think you can pound 80 ounces worth in as short of time as possibe = Bud Light. I learned my lesson after the first round of Edward 40 Hands and chose to respectfully bow out this time around...mostly because I barely remember what happened that night, other than waking up in my own bed that next morning with a headache that wouldn't go away. Instead, I thought it would be much more fun to observe the madness. Amanda and I arrived at Dan's just as the first few people had taped on the 40's after having dinner and drinks at the Yacht Club for our next door neighbor's birthday. Dan's house is sort of the gathering place. He lives in a huge old house two blocks from Mass Street. Four boys live there and all date girls that are in law school (Amanda being one of those girls). I explain this because we always refer to the house as "1029" because that's the address: 1029 Kentucky Street. So for future reference, I'll probably call it 1029 and I didn't want anyone thinking that it was some cool new club :)

After all those participating had finished taping on their respective 40's the games began. It was like paparazzi had exploded at 1029. Anyone not playing was walking around fulfilling the wishes of all those with the 40 hands: "Oh take a picture of me and Katie -- wait, let me put my hands out like this so it's funnier..." You get the picture (no pun intended but what a nice surprise).

Whatever the case may be, this round of Edward 40 Hands was much more successful -- while there was the one case of girl crying for no reason, there really were no other problems and peole stayed up and out at the bars until closing, amazingly enough! Though I witnessed this phenomenon of incredible drinking, I still am happy I chose to go my own way and drink small quantities of beer and alcohol at a time, with the ability to set down that bottle at any time and do such things as go to the bathroom, eat food, take a picture and frolic about to the great playlist of 90's music Dan had procured for the evening's festivities.

2 comments:

Brandonbodt said...

There is really something to this game! I'm thinking I have to try it.

Scarlet said...

Hmmm, and one day you will be sitting in my seat wondering which wrong turn your kids took out of Paradise...