Sunday, December 9, 2007

A Sober October



The celebration of September spilled over into the early weeks of October, as two of our friends from law school decided to engage in silly behavior and get married. I was happy for it because it meant a mini-law school reunion (Amanda flew in for the weekend) complete with free alcohol and food.


After the weekend I had revolving around the wedding, I was ready for a change. And so was my liver. I spent the next two weeks upholding a vow of sobriety. I enjoyed it. My face was less puffy and I think I might have lost some weight. But most importantly, I proved to myself that it isn't hard to pass up a drink every now and again. This explains the lack of action photos for October.


My plan was to bust out of sobriety just in time for Halloween but the calendar was not on my side this year. Halloween fell on a Wednesday and though we all had big plans, our work-centered lives overshadowed the hope of having a great time. Thank goodness we celebrated at work, otherwise it would've been a very hollow Halloween. The view from outside my office: