Thursday, July 26, 2007

Goodbye L-town

Tonight is my official last night in Lawrence. It's pretty weird. Well, anti-climactic is a better word. After lastnight's shenanigans I guess it is for the better that I take it easy tonight. I spent the day packing up my house with my dear mother who slaved away right along with me. Dad came just in time for dinner. I'm delighted we chose Johnny's down the street. Though it may not serve the finest food or maintain a level of cleanliness required by city code, it's a Lawrence establishment and the first place I had a beer with Amanda just over three years ago.

I finished up the night with my neighbors, Jesse and Dilly, watching a little television. I forgot what watching television was like. I don't think I even miss it. But I will miss those boys. I will miss not being able to walk around the front of my duplex and walk into their side of the house. They always greet me in a way that makes me know they're actually glad I'm there.

Now I'm laying in my empty room wondering what I can wonder about. It's actually weird that for the first time in I really don't know how long, I don't have to think about something. Sure there are big changes to come, but tomorrow I'm going on vacation. I should be more specific - my body will be re-locating to Denver for the weekend; my brain's been on vacation since yesterday at 3:00pm.

Thank you to each of you for your support during all of this. You mean the world to me. I couldn't have done it without you.

Goodnight, Lawrence.

3 comments:

Scarlet said...

Wow...sad but sweet! I will miss being in Lawrence and not having you there. It was ok to like larryville when one knew a little bit of wildcat law prevailed. Oh, parting is such sweet sorrow...

Devin Tait said...

I guess if I had read your blog last week I would have known you were going to Denver! That blog made me almost cry - I will always have such fond memories of visiting you and your friends in Lawrence. I'm so glad you spent some time there and got Dylan and I acquainted with it.

Brandonbodt said...

K, Blog Now~!